Monday, February 11, 2013

Brand Watch: Stone Cold Fox

I can be something of a brand loyalist, especially if I really like not only the designs but what the overall aesthetic and philosophy of the label is about. For Marc by MJ, I'm all over Ebay and would probably never pay full price, but I'll totally throw down a little bit more to support a smaller label that I just really, really dig for whatever reason.  Case in point: I recently stumbled upon Stone Cold Fox and completely and immediately fell in love. Their designs are clean, well-articulated and so drop-dead boho sexy, I wanna fucking scream.  Seriously, it's not even fair how perfect these clothes are. And while I don't own a piece from them yet, it's only a matter of time before I treat myself to one of these:


This dress is the perfect LBD my closet is currently missing. There are also buttons down the front, which means it can also be worn open as a kimono-type garment. This obviously appeals to the obsessive desire to multi-purpose that I've spoken of previously.

This top is everything I've ever wanted and more.  Be mine? 

With collections named things like "Beautiful Imperfection" and "Gypsy Decay", this is a label that appeals to my poetic sensibilities. And if their website wasn't enough to drive you insane, designer Cyd maintains one of the most gorgeous Tumblr accounts I've ever seen. It's the perfect mix of pretty flowers, pics of Kate Moss, funky art shots and her own honest advice about life to make you feel like you've just spent an hour at the spa. Or therapy. Or your own special happy brain place. Basically, the woman has an eye for beauty, whether articulated in the form of a dress or an artfully arranged collage. And I must say, I think it's a tough task to create something on the internet that is beautiful and feminine but not in the anxiety-inducing way that is so much of Pinterest where you're all of sudden just like, oh crap,  I've spent an hour and a half looking at this stuff and I now hate my life because I don't have a big enough thigh-gap and I've haven't yet planned what the cake will look like at my imaginary wedding.

Beautiful maxi dresses abound. Oh, summer, where art thou?


SCF is a rare gem among indie brands: they have a clear cut vision that they don't stray from. They aren't trying to be super high fashion or over the top (one reason I prefer Cali street style over that of NYC). They do what they do and they do it well and personally, I can't get my hands on it fast enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment