Friday, September 6, 2013

back with a vengeance/fall feelings

After a hiatus for a variety of reasons (among them: laziness, busyness, depression, and inspiration-paralysis, resulting from both too much and not enough and very little of the good, in-between kind of stuff)...I'M BACK. And here to stay. I hope! For now.

After all, the cardinal rule is, if you want to be a writer, you must WRITE. Right? One would assume the same applies to blogging, which is basically like the bastard step-cousin of traditional writing.

So to get back in the swing of things, let's talk fall inspiration. Today was the first chilly day in New York and I found myself running late for work, staring into my closet (okay, okay, it was my garment rack currently being held together by duct tape) realizing that I had completely forgotten how to dress in anything other than a dress and sandals. I have a love/hate relationship with summer for this reason: on the one hand, it's so easy to get dressed. On the other, it's a little too easy to get dressed. Like, there's no reward in it because you didn't really have to put in any effort to begin with. Just throw on a maxi dress, some gladiators, and a statement necklace and you're good. It's a bit like that class everyone takes in college with the professor who's like, stoned all the time or something. It's great to basically do nothing and get an A for it, but it kind of leaves you craving more, doesn't it?

Fall is a different beast altogether. Fall demands layers, patterns, textures, scarves, boots, sexy hints of skin peeking out from wherever they can, because after all, it's not winter yet. It's a lot to think about. And thus, I've done a bit of thinking for you (and myself) so that tomorrow when you're having a major closet-time panic attack (or if you're a sane person, about to just throw on boring jeans and a sweater) you'll have something to be inspired by.






























No comments:

Post a Comment